Wednesday 28 June 2017

New Born Must Haves and Update on recovery.

Hello Everyone

Welcome to today's blog. Today I'm going to be writing about Newborn Must Haves, and an update on my postpartum and recovery of birth.
The newborn must haves I am greatly appreciative of and that came in handy once our bundle of joy kiara came into our lives. The essentials - bathtub, changing table/Pad, Diapers, ext to the musical chair, feeding accessories - Glass Bottles, Gripe Water. Every product I bought or received came in handy at one point or time.

The Bathtub is a 3 in 1 bath comes with three pieces - The Step/seat (bottom), the bathtub for when they outgrow the infant part, and of course the infant seat (top). At the moment, I'm using all pieces put together. The Bath is a good height for me to give kiara a bath.

The product is from Baby R Us.
Summer Infant Right Height Bath Center Tub
Link below
.http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3776625

The changing table and crib were purchased from wayfair.com
The changing pad was purchased from baby r us. The changing table has two cubbies and 2 drawers for clothing? Diapers, wipes, blankets and anything else you'd like to store. The changing pad is very comfortable and has straps attached for when your baby is bigger and moves more.

I use Kirkland  (Costco brand) diapers and wipes. Diapers are 31$ for 192 diapers. At first, the diapers were going really fast but now kiara is 2 months old she is going poo-less and having pee more often. Therefore fewer diapers are needed and used.

The musical bouncer by ingenuity is a sleep saver and calms her down right away from the vibration feel and white noise sound that the chair provides We've been using this since day one and she tends to sleep very well in it. Most of the time she will sleep in her bassinet or crib laying on her back.

Feeding accessories that we use our glass feeding bottles from Born Free Breeze 
Link below on Born Free Breeze.
https://well.ca/products/born-free-breeze-deluxe-gift-set_117741.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwp83KBRC2kev0tZzExLkBEiQAYxYXOknInrAENZ-oBfwxccPigGRWybVi93JbOn_c5dR_27gaAgvh8P8HAQ

I use gripe water when she is not feeling well as it helps hiccups, stomach aches and much more. I'd rate this product 4/5. The gripe water doesn't come into effect right away and kiara doesn't seem to mind the taste of there is any. There are different brands and kinds of gripe water. The brand I got is Life.

Other products Iv received over the past month is a playmate and diaper changing accessories. 

Update on myself, I feel completely recovered from birth. I'm not in pain anymore which is great. I haven't tried biking or extreme sports yet. Iv has been walking and stretching for my exercises. slowly getting back into lifting weights and working on exercises for my whole body. I'd say my whole strength is not back, I can probably lift up to 10lb right now. Kiara car seat feels like 15lb, it's hard to carry for a long period of time. 
Time will come where ill be out and about biking, running and enjoying the joys of getting back in shape. :)

Thanks for reading. I'll be posting a 2-month update for kiara soon. :)



No comments: