Tuesday 16 May 2017

Daily Routine with Newborn

Kiara is now 2 Weeks, 4 Days (18 days). 7lb 10oz

To start off the day I wake up with Kiara and check her diaper. Usually, when she wakes up she is hungry. I am doing bottle feeding with breast milk, she did latch on right after birth although I find it easier to pump, I do have a lot of milk supply in a day, I have been freezing my milk for later on. I do plan on breastfeeding by pumping for 6 months and then giving regular milk or goat's milk at 6 months of age.

After she has a diaper change and has breastfed, burped and sat up for 20 min to digest, I lay her down to take a nap. She sleeps 1-2 hours at a time. She is a light sleeper during the day. She gets startled very easy with noises around her. Overnight she has been sleeping 2-4 hours at a time between feedings and drinks 3 oz. During the day she Sleeps 1-2 hours and drinks every 2 hours of 2 - 3 oz.

When she is awake during the day, I interact with her by holding her, walking around, talking with her and taking her for walks on sunny warm days in her stroller. She also comes for car rides to the grocery store and the doctors. I will be attending books for babies sessions at the library with Kiara.

Also when Kiara is sleeping, I get cooking, laundry, dishes done and clean the house through-out the week. Besides that, I take naps when she sleeps as well. I get most of my sleep overnight because she sleeps 3-4 hours at a time.

She is outgrowing her newborn sleepers and fits into her 3 months, 3- 6 months onesie. She is growing a lot. She was born 7 lb and 5 oz, then lost weight and gained again.

The routine will change as she gets older, she will drink more and feed less often.

Thank you for reading today's blog.

No comments: